As mentioned in a prior communication sent to all Scouting families our top priority is the health and safety of our Scouts, volunteers, staff, and their family members. In this spirit and given the unprecedented circumstances related to COVID-19, effective today March 16, 2020 all CAI Courses planned to be held prior to May 1 have been officially postponed by BSA National.
How can you keep Scouting?
- Continue advancement by focusing on merit badge requirements that can be completed at home.
- Contact your merit badge counselor via email, Facetime, etc. (remember Youth Protection training with no one-on-one communication between youth and adult).
- Do a good turn daily. Look for ways to contribute to your community while staying safe.
- Stay in contact with friends and families in your unit even if it’s just to say hi via a phone call, Facetime, Duo or Google hangouts.
- As a unit leader, now is a good time to take online trainings and renew your Youth Protection Training.
- Encourage unit, district, and Council committees to continue normally scheduled meetings using technology apps such as Zoom, Skype, Facetime, Duo, or Google Hangouts.
We are closely monitoring the situation in our communities, staying current on recommendations from the CDC, and consulting with local health professionals on a frequent basis. Council leadership will continue to evaluate the situation daily. Updates will be shared as they are available.
Michael R. Brand - Communications