A Scout Life survey found fishing to be Scouts'
fourth most favorite outdoor activity!
Offer Fishing / Fly-Fishing Programs for
Scout Recruitment & Retention!
Is your unit, district, or council delivering quality fishing programs?
This course's goal is to help improve council, district, and unit fishing programs. Sign up, and you can get qualified as a BSA Certified Angling Instructor! Learn fundamental Fishing Skills, how to best teach Scouts those fishing skills, and how to have fun!
A Train-the-Trainer Course!
This conference will qualify you to become a BSA Certified Angler Instructor (CAI). You will learn the fine art of fishing, including fly casting, fly tying, essential fishing knots, locating fish, and the art of catch and release of fish.
A key focus is to provide participants with knowledge on how to improve your council's fishing resources, find local expertise, select the correct equipment at value prices, and find program help for Cubs, Scouts, and Venturers.
Upon certification, instructors will be qualified and have confidence to teach Angler Education Programs offered within the Boy Scouts of America.
Instructors will also be great candidates for Merit Counselor in these areas; Fishing, Fly Fishing, and Fish Wildlife Management.
Instructors will also be able to qualify others to become CAIs in their council.
Who should attend?
Any registered Scout (over 15.5 years of age) or Scouter
No prior Angling Experience is necessary!
Download brochure (link below) for course details:
With our trained staff, Participants will be confident in their ability to provide high-quality outdoor programming that will deliver the promise to Scouts, thereby improving Scout Recruitment and Scout Retention opportunities in local units, districts, and council.
Course Director - Michael R. Brand
- · Eagle Scout – Class of 1976, Troop 721, Greater St. Louis Area
- · Vigil Honor Member of the Order of the Arrow
- · Lifelong Fishing Enthusiast!
- · BSA Certified Angling Instructor - 2013
- · Recipient of the Steve Campbell Outstanding Aquatic Educator Award presented by Aquatic Resources Education Association in 2016
- · Recipient of the Distinguished Service Award presented by BSA National Fishing Sub-Committee in 2016
- · Recipient of the Outstanding Service Recognition as a BSA Certified Angling Instructor presented by BSA National Fishing Sub-Committee 2014
- · Recipient of the BSA Silver Antelope Award for Distinguished Service to Youth in the Central Region.
Course Format – On-Line
If you cannot attend all Modules, we can quickly reschedule.
REGISTER FOR THE FREE COURSE TODAY!